Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar kitkat91 » 17 Fév 2014 14:16

I have noticed a handful of errors. I am definitely not trying to overwhelm anyone, but I'd love to help! (sorry for writing so much text!)
Spoiler: show
Trades- "got to the previous series guide" should be "go to the previous series guide". Creatures- "Go to one of my clan" should be "Go to one of my clans"

My page- (don't know if this matters, but) "Les statistiques sont provisoirement désactivées mais reviendront sous peu !" should be "Statistics are temporarily disabled, but will return soon!"

"Parameters" should be settings or preferences, if I'm correct. The definition of parameters doesn't seem to fit what the page is about.
Adopting creatures-"You may have the same creature many times in the eggs you adopted, you can then trade those against creatures from members who have them more than once !" likely should be "You may have the same creature many times in the eggs you adopted, you can then trade those in exchange for creatures from members who have them more than once!"

Shops-"Here you can buy everything your creatures needs" should be "Here you can buy everything your creatures need"

Everything Brush- This sentence is difficult to understand. "Its fluffy hair smooth the hair of your creatures !" I believe it should be "The soft bristles will smooth the fur of your creatures!" or "The brushes' soft bristles will smooth the fur of your creatures!". Brushes usually don't have "fluffy hair"...?

"Like all the brushes, the more you will use it and the more it will wear out, you will then need to change it !" Could be changed to "Like all of the brushes, the more you use a brush, the more it will wear out. You will then need to replace it with a new brush!"

"The bristles of the brushes are made from a rigid material which gives them the ability to polish the scales of your creatures to go dislodge even the smallest film of dust!" Should be "The bristles of the hard brushes are made from a rigid material which gives them the ability to polish the scales of your creatures and dislodge even the smallest film of dust!"

"A good comb, nothing is to untangle the knots!" could be "A good comb, used to untangle the knots!" or "A good comb, nothing else will untangle the knots!"

"Selling objects" can be "Sell objects", though it may not matter much.

"An ideal plushi against nightmares" should be "An ideal plushie against nightmares"

Olympics-

"Add bonus to your creature, you will rise its chance to win the competition. You will find them by clicking on the banner in the upper side of the site (it appears every 15 minutes). Usually many qualities are required to win a competition, so choose carefully your bonus, they choisis donc bien tes bonus, they accumulate over time !" may be "If you add a bonus to your creature, you will rise its chance to win the competition. You will find bonuses by clicking on the banner at the top of the site (banners appear every 15 minutes). Usually, many qualities are required to win a competition, so carefully choose your bonus. They accumulate over time!"

"Add bonus to your creature before sending it to compete with others !" can be "Add bonuses to your creature before sending it to compete with others!"

"There are 3 levels of competition : Beginner for creatures with low bonuses and with not many medals yet. Intermediate for creatures with many bonuses and a significant amount of medals. Expert for creatures with a lot of bonuses, with a quite impressive prize list ! " May be changed to "There are 3 levels of competition : Beginner is for creatures with low bonuses and not many medals, intermediate is for creatures with many bonuses and a significant amount of medals, and expert is for creatures with many bonuses and includes a quite impressive prize list!"

"One participation earns one XP points to the creature. Every click on it from outside the site is count and earns XP points to your creaures ! Don't hesitate to show them on you web pages to gain more experience and go faster in the competition !" is "One participation earns one XP point to the creature. Every click on it from outside the site earns XP points for your creature! Don't hesitate to show them on you web pages to gain more experience and progress fast in the competition!

When you click on a banner, it says "Congratulations ! You just earned thise bonuses !", "thise" should be "these".

This doesn't matter much, but in a sentence, there should not be a space between words and punctuation like exclamation marks, question marks, and periods.

Incorrect sentence: "I have collected all of the creatures !"

Correct sentence: "I have collected all of the creatures!"

I don't know if it is possible to change this only in the English version, but at the bottom of the page "Gothicat World" est édité par Melusim SAS - Version 2.0 BETA - Optimisé pour Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, 9 ©Juin 2010 - February 2014" is ""Gothicat World" is published by Melusim SAS - Version 2.0 BETA - optimized for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, 9 June 2010 - February 2014"

Again, apologies for so much text! I would love to help and try to fix some errors!
I sincerely thank everyone who has made the English version possible. I would not be playing if there was not an English version! (:
Please talk to me in English ^_^

kitkat91

Message(s) : 1
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar ApprenticeCrone » 09 Jan 2015 23:52

It's not so much an error as it is an idiom usage which is probably unintentional.

In English, saying you are "Putting an animal to sleep" is a euphemism for euthanasia. Since we are not killing the pets, just letting them sleep for the night, perhaps that phrase should be changed?
Instead of "to put your creature to sleep and give it maximum energy, click here" maybe it could be something like, "To let your creature rest and give it maximum energy, click here"
and
"Are you sure you want to put this creature to sleep? (etc)" could be "Are you sure you want this creature to go to bed? (etc)"
Désolée mais je ne parle pas français. Je compte sur votre patience, votre bonne volonté et les traducteurs

ApprenticeCrone

Message(s) : 1445
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar ApprenticeCrone » 12 Mars 2015 08:25

Simple thing:

currently says:
"Your creature catched a cold"

should be:
"Your creature caught a cold"
Désolée mais je ne parle pas français. Je compte sur votre patience, votre bonne volonté et les traducteurs

ApprenticeCrone

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Crystal_Sky » 01 Sep 2015 13:01

Ya, the only error with the translation is the grammar.

Example: 'I Join' Should be just 'Join'
Image Image
Crystal_Sky

Message(s) : 8
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar ApprenticeCrone » 04 Sep 2015 00:36

Yes, I agree -this site does an incredible job with the translations; it is very nice for those of us who struggle with French! :D

ApprenticeCrone

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar halloween3110 » 04 Sep 2015 02:51

ApprenticeCrone a écrit:Yes, I agree -this site does an incredible job with the translations; it is very nice for those of us who struggle with French! :D

I also agree with you Apprentice! :D
halloween3110

Message(s) : 1192
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar kathia154 » 11 Déc 2015 05:19

Someone is going to hate me for this. I have to point something out that is related to translation on the site.
I just noticed that the Minoushas from October 2013 are named after polish words for seasons (took me long enough). There is little problem there. The french word automne has two meanings similar to english it can mean the season or the word fall. Anyway, you picked the wrong word in the translation :( It should be "Jesień". I know it's a small mistake, but I felt obligated to point it out. If fixing it will take too much effort don't feel obligated to do it.
By the way: It's so awesome that someone took time to make the creature names in polish :)
ImageImageImage
kathia154

Message(s) : 232
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar ApprenticeCrone » 19 Déc 2015 04:54

Small typo in Creatura, for the Magic Chest. Currently reads:
The Magic Chest will allow you to win many gifts and at least 1 random creature !
Read carefully the description of the Chest to now what it hides !

That "now" should be "know".

And I'm not sure which was intended, but "Read carefully the description" is more of an imperative, a command. "Carefully read the description" is more in the nature of a caution, a warning, a hint, an instruction.
"Carefully read..." is the more common phrasing.
But "Read carefully..." would be correct, too.

It just depends on what you're going for.

ApprenticeCrone

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar halloween3110 » 25 Fév 2016 00:57

Hi, you probably have heard this one before, but, "apples of unusual sizes" - should probably say either "apples of unusual size", or just "very large apples".

This is so minor, I really don't know if it even merits a mention! :lol: :lol:
halloween3110

Message(s) : 1192
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Sutorappu » 22 Déc 2016 13:32

Hi!
I think I have seen a little mistake, in the page of the masquerade ball.(if I don't do myself a mistake... XD)
<<The ball wil be held in the Palace Great Hall on December 31st et will end at midnight with the...>>
I think "wil" is "will" and "et" is "and", isn't it? :)
That was the little mistake. ^^
Have a nice day. :)
Le Jardin des Snotts a besoin de toi
➤ Pour nous rejoindre
Sutorappu

Message(s) : 3533
Localisation : À Aydo'h, envahissant la Tour d'Astisian avec une armée de snotts
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

PrécédentSuivant

-->

Retour vers Random talk around Gothicat