Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, International Moderators

Messagepar Gothikadoll » 17 Déc 2015 19:19

hi

i'll answer your questions in the order
1- you can do both basic vocabulary and the one for discussion. The best way to learn a language is to discuss so you'll need vocabulary to have a real discussion. If you can't discuss with someone try french movies in VOST (i can assure you some are very good XD)

2- English and french sentences have the same construction. Subject, verb, complement. Grammatically there are no big differences but it can depend on the language (formal, informal) specially for the questions. Just like in english, you don't write with the "spoken language"

3- if you want some good french singer with good texts you can try Jean Jacques Goldman, Zazie, MC Solaar (if you like rap).... basically good singers with good texts are singers of the 80's-90's (that's a personnal opinion but some here will tell you the same thing)
Gothikadoll
Modératrice Discord

Message(s) : 28668
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Malwene » 18 Déc 2015 00:57

I don't agree with your reply on the first question Gothicadoll. Watching movies or tv shows in French version with English subtitles will only improve your reading speed in you own language :D I studied languages and taught English and the best you can do is watch movies or tv shows in French with French subtitles! (Or all in any languages you want to improve) this way of you didn't get a sentence, pause on it, read line line, make research if needed and go on :)
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Gothikadoll » 18 Déc 2015 08:46

where do you see VOSTA ? sure you'll have to see in VOSTFR but not for beginners. The purpose is to learn not to endure the movie XD

first step, VOSTA, then progressively VOSTFR (that helps for the accents)
Gothikadoll
Modératrice Discord

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Malwene » 18 Déc 2015 17:32

My bad! :D

People hardly use anything after VOST, so I assumed you meant french version with english subtitles (so VOSTA as you said)

I like when you say the purpose is not to endure the movie XD
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Dreamsinger » 26 Déc 2015 21:58

Merci! :) I appreciate your replies. I have one more question. If you want to say no, thanks in French, would you say "non, merci" or something else? I'd probably use that to decline trades here on Gothicat World.
Envie de parler anglais avec moi ? Ou de m'apprendre quelques bases en français ? Contactez-moi par MP !
Dreamsinger

Message(s) : 40
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gothikadoll » 26 Déc 2015 22:02

"non, merci" is the best way to say no if you want to be polite XD that's the french version of "no, thanks"
Gothikadoll
Modératrice Discord

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Dreamsinger » 10 Jan 2016 06:15

Does anyone have any music recommendations? I like Coeur de Pirate, a French-Canadian singer who sings in both French and English (in different songs, of course). Are there any upbeat, young female singers you can think of? I'm interested in music that can make me happy. She's an indie-pop singer, though, so she isn't exactly happy sounding lol :)
Also, under what circumstances would you use moi and me? I'd always thought moi was the only thing you're call yourself (aside from je, of course), but I've seen me (pronounced "meh" if I remember right) used before too. Is that incorrect?
Envie de parler anglais avec moi ? Ou de m'apprendre quelques bases en français ? Contactez-moi par MP !
Dreamsinger

Message(s) : 40
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar shinx » 20 Fév 2016 18:59

Dreamsinger a écrit:Does anyone have any music recommendations? I like Coeur de Pirate, a French-Canadian singer who sings in both French and English (in different songs, of course). Are there any upbeat, young female singers you can think of? I'm interested in music that can make me happy. She's an indie-pop singer, though, so she isn't exactly happy sounding lol :)
Also, under what circumstances would you use moi and me? I'd always thought moi was the only thing you're call yourself (aside from je, of course), but I've seen me (pronounced "meh" if I remember right) used before too. Is that incorrect?

howdy !
me in french ?
never heard about this before... if you hear it, it could be the world "mais" which means but ^^

for the singers...well I don't really know as I don't like popular french singers XD but, if you like disney songs, why not listen to your favorite ones in french :D ?
shinx

Message(s) : 794
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Gothikadoll » 20 Fév 2016 19:10

je crois que c'est "me" dans le sens "je me lave" par exemple

Dream, "me" is a pronoum, it's like "myself" or "me". And "moi" is more to insist on something or for a possessive form.

Ex :
je me rase → I'm shaving myself

il me donne quelque chose → he gives me something

c'est à moi → i'ts mine

c'est moi → it's I
Gothikadoll
Modératrice Discord

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar Ombre » 20 Fév 2016 19:16

Gothikadoll a écrit:c'est moi → it's I

Ce ne serait pas plutôt "It's me" ? Parce que "I", c'est plus "je" que "moi".
Mes échanges & jeux - - - ← Merci Emilie ♥ ↓ - - - Ma boutique artistique

Image Image Image
Ombre

Message(s) : 10317
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

PrécédentSuivant

-->

Retour vers Gossip