Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Gabou, Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar tehuti88 » 06 Jan 2021 22:56

So this little kitty's site-given name...is too long to edit into the name box. :/

Perusing the previous series guide (December 2010, Christmas Carol Snowball), you can see the real name should be "Holly Jolly Christmas," with spaces. (I've currently modified it to "HollyJollyChristmas"; when I received it in a trade it was "Holly Jolly Christma.")

Could the limit on characters in a name be lifted just a tad to accommodate this...? It's especially odd, given that this is the official site name of the creature, yet the full name can't be edited into the box without being cut off as too long. :|

This unrelated issue I posted about previously persists, as well.
https://gothicat-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24373
Seeking missing Mysticals & Holy Paladins! Esp. Nerida, Homam, Markho, Lilas, Erilëa.
Beauties... :D Image Image Image Image
tehuti88

Message(s) : 758
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar tehuti88 » 30 Mars 2021 05:01

tehuti88 a écrit:So this little kitty's site-given name...is too long to edit into the name box. :/

Perusing the previous series guide (December 2010, Christmas Carol Snowball), you can see the real name should be "Holly Jolly Christmas," with spaces. (I've currently modified it to "HollyJollyChristmas"; when I received it in a trade it was "Holly Jolly Christma.")

Could the limit on characters in a name be lifted just a tad to accommodate this...? It's especially odd, given that this is the official site name of the creature, yet the full name can't be edited into the box without being cut off as too long. :|

Hi, just wished to revisit this idea if it hasn't been implemented yet, especially considering the names of the March Lunaris, three of which are "Dicentrarchus labrax," "Dicentrarchus punctatus," and "Anarhichas minor" (I'm missing one)...yikes!

To explain why this is bothersome ("Tehuti, the creature's name is automatically filled in, why do you need to edit it and end up getting part of it cut off?")...I always edit my pets' names in manually, copypasting the names directly from the Previous Series Guide (I make tiny changes like capitalization here and there, for example, "Anarhichas Minor"). Why? Because if I don't, their code looks like this:

Notice the name is not given with this code, it's just "this creature." If you visit the pet's page, you also notice this:

Again, "this creature," rather than the creature's name. (If I manually edit it, then the name will show up there instead of "this creature.") I believe the same "error" occurs whenever one's pets play with another user's pets, it'll just say "Your pet played with tehuti88's creature" or something like that.

It sounds picky but I'd really like the creature's exact name to display properly across the site...plus I'd like to be able to make the small cosmetic changes to the names like I mentioned already, without part of it being cut off because it's too long. Why have a character limit that cuts off parts of a pet's name even if your modified name has the same number of characters? :|

(I haven't tried modifying any more names yet to see if it's any different, I just assume staff have been very busy lately.)

EDIT, still can't edit my Christmas kitty's name to fit properly, alas. :/
Seeking missing Mysticals & Holy Paladins! Esp. Nerida, Homam, Markho, Lilas, Erilëa.
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gabou » 04 Mai 2021 17:07

The name for creatures has been raised to 30 characters to better align with default adoptables names.

If you don't customise the name of the creature, it is indeed rename "your creature" in the profile, but the name of the original visual is displayed on the top of the profile, I will look into it and correct that :)
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gothikadoll » 04 Mai 2021 18:03

Thanks for increasing the limit of caracters, but it created an other problem ^^"

Image the cards are still to little and they cut the name

edit : et du coup ça ne garde pas le nom entier, ça le coupe dès qu'on quitte la page de la créature

oh et en passant, je sais pas si c'est lié, mais ça a cassé ça aussi

(oui mon edit est en français XD)
Gothikadoll
Modératrice Discord

Message(s) : 28666
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar tehuti88 » 05 Mai 2021 06:17

I noticed the improvements made to this yesterday! Thank you!
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

-->

Retour vers Technical problems