Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar Gabou » 05 Fév 2019 00:17

Greetings everyone!

After two editions that allowed us to adorn Gothicat with your creations, we decided to renew this contest permanently: you can now send scenery proposals throughout the year, with no deadline :)

For the moment, the releases will not be made at fixed dates or at fixed number of sceneries and will thus be released little by little. They will remain accessible in floryns for 48h!

You will receive an email within a few hours to a few days to inform you of the team's decision regarding your background.

We are looking forward to discovering your wonders! :D

Image Imposed theme: a landscape or interior space (eg. a bedroom) that you imagine in the Gothiworld. Originality is appreciated of course :)
    Image The drawing must be made by you (reproduction or plagiarism is forbidden).

Image The drawing must have a size of 803 pixels wide and 510 pixels tall.
    Image The drawing must be saved as JPG or PNG file.
    Image The scenery must be made with the creatures in mind: Make sure that the creature rests on a ground, base, podium or other support to place the creature on (see the provided template below for the contest).
    Image To allow a nice integration of the creature in the scenery, try not to draw too much around the creature, you can even manage some space around it (it would be too bad to draw a castle that would be hid by the creature in front of it same thing could happen if you draw something major on the first layer that would be behind the creatures afterwards)
    Image For better visual harmony, prefer to use digital art for your sceneries. Your drawing can be hand drawn (or a mixed hand drawn/digital), however it will be necessary to scan it or to take a picture of it. Pictures with poor quality (lighting issue, shadows, grain...) will be rejected.
    Image Be careful if you draw characters in your scenery. They cannot steal the show to the creature. To better understand this, drawing small birds or butterflies in the sky, fishes in a pond, some sheeps in the background: it's authorized. Nevertheless, we could reject a scenery with a big character or too visible. I advise you in this situation to send two versions of your scenery , one with the character and one without.

Image When you send your scenery, don't forget to give it a name, it will appear in the shop if your scenery is selected ;)
    Image You can submit as many sceneries as you want

:!: WARNING :!:
Clarification on the rules:

The use of backgrounds from other games and not belonging to you is strictly prohibited !
Not only the rules stipulates well "drawn by you" but it is even prohibited by the law! We should not even have to remind you of that.

You are responsible for your creation and you agree as a creative user to provide only original content. You agree not to use any copyrighted or protected content in any way.

Consequently the rules are published as follows and are valid from now on:
:arrow: Players trying their luck in this dishonest way will be banned for a period of one month and banned from any contest on the game.

Selected backgrounds will be for sale on the shop and, for 48h only, you will be able to buy them for Floryns (limited to 1 of each background).

Winners will be selected by the team and will receive the following rewards:
- 100 Jewels per selected scenery
- 5 copies of his scenery will be added to his account
- Every sale of a scenery will reward its author with 1 Jewel (if more than one scenery is selected for the same player, every selected scenery will reward him with Jewels)

The contest, template and sending form are visible in the "game" section of the top menu :)

A template is available to download if you need a visual reference to construct your scenery, don't forget to download it (it has been updated)! ;)

More precisions and FAQ:

Can I use images found on the internet to make a scenery? No.

Can I use grass brushes orther elements? Don't overuse brushes, and if you use them, use them carefully. Furthermore they have to be royalty free. Please check if the author of the brush authorize its usage for a commercial purpose (since your scenery will be in the shop). If you are not sure, avoid using it.

Concerning the template, do we put the stand/support on the bottom of the square or below the creature inside the square? For the stand, it will be something that the creature will rest upon, so refer to the already available sceneries
if you don't see what we mean because all of them have some sort of stand/support for the creature whether it is the ground, grass, clouds etc.. The best is to put it inside the square, or the creature won't rest on anything.
Eg. :
Spoiler: show

Can I send a scenery I made during the previous edition? Those of you who have already send a scenery in the previous edition can send it again after improvements (as a reminder, some comments written after the last contest: https://gothicat-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2530440#p2530440 (sorry it is in french but an automatic translation may help you to get general ideas)

I would like to check my scenery with another creature shape than the one in the template, how do I do it? If despite the template you have doubts on the layout of elements for a specific creature, I highly recommend that you check with a screen capture of the creature visual with a transparent background on your scenery (you can use the shadows of the creatures in the accessories shop).

Can I take inspiration from an existing landscape? You can take of course inspiration from a picture of an existing landscape as soon as it is inspired by it and not a copy.

I would like to send a scenery I made for another Gothicat World contest, is that possible? Given that there are no rankings, no podium and no fixed amount of selected sceneries you can send sceneries you've made for commisions or another contest or for personal projects as soon as they are made by you, that they match the template and they satisfy the theme :)

Is it possible to send multiple versions of a scenery? Of course you can :) If you can, send them simultaneously.

If I send multiple versions of the same scenery, do I have to give different names for each version or can it be the same? Ideally the same name with a number (prairie 1, prairie 2) to let us know that there are different versions of it and that it is not a double sending ;)

If someone send a scenery that needs many redos, who will get the Jewels? Redos, if there are too many of them or if they are complicated or if they denature the drawing, won't be made and the scenery will be rejected. By small allowed redos I mean adjust the color saturation, contrasts, maybe some details. Nothing will be radically changed in your scenery. Therefore it won't change anything regarding your rewards.

If the quality of the scenery is not good enough but you like the idea, will you give it to a theme artist so that it can make a scenery based on the idea?
Regarding the sceneries with ideas that can be used by a TA, it is not on the agenda right now. If however we really like the idea and we wish it could be made officially, we will of course contact you directly through private message before doing anything to discuss the matter with you.

What are the dimensions on paper? After some computing, it matches a format where the width equal 1.57 times the height. On a A4 paper (21x29.7 cm), in panoramic view, you have to use all the width and use 19cm height :)

I have finished my drawing and I have scanned it, but I don't have any software to manipulate it and I don't know what to do next, what can I do? Don't hesitate to ask for help in the forum to crop a scanned or photographed image if you are not familiar with imaging softwares!

Can I share my drawings on my personal gallery before the contest ends? Please do not post your sceneries in the gallery or on Deviantart or any other site before the contest ends so as not to spoil the surprise to anyone :)

Do we have to signed the drawing? Signature is not mandatory, but if you want to, be sure that it is very subtle. So no big logo of your name or signatures linking to your website.. A signature too visible can lead to your drawing being rejected, so discretion is the watchword! :)

We wish you good luck, surprise us, and make us dream! :D
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar Truffula » 05 Fév 2019 16:41

Thank you! I hope this permanent scenery contest brings us many new beautiful sceneries for the creatures!
Truffula

Message(s) : 660
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches
Voir mes dessins

-->

Retour vers News on Gothicat World !